Tomorrow will see the provisional 2017 208 Rally Cup ‘Junior’ leaders Laurent PELLIER / Benoît NEYRET-GIGOT get a taste of the Junior Experience organised by Eurosport within the framework of the FIA European Rally Championship (ERC). The programme kicks off with a coaching course ahead of the Czech Republic’s Barum Czech Rally Zlín before the pair heads back to France’s Lozère region for Round 5 of the 208 Rally Cup which starts on Friday.
• The PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY programme is a springboard for talented young rally drivers. The most successful 208 RALLY CUP contestants earn the opportunity to continue their learning curve within the framework of a topflight programme at the wheel of a PEUGEOT 208T16.
• New this year, Laurent PELLIER – who provisionally tops the 2017 208 RALLY CUP’s provisional Junior order at the competition’s halfway point – is to be treated to three Junior Experience tuition sessions (note-taking workshop, roadbook, media training, tyre choice, etc.). He will also carry out recce for the last three rounds of the 2017 FIA European Rally Championship, beginning with this weekend’s Barum Czech Rally Zlín.
Meanwhile, the PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY’s Juniors are heading for the potentially decisive Barum Czech Rally Zlín (Czech Republic) – next round of the FIA European Rally Championship – in their respective PEUGEOT 208T16.
• JOSE ANTONIO SUAREZ / CANDIDO CARRERA, who are keen to build on their recent podium finish in Poland, and fellow Spaniards PEPE LOPEZ / BORJA ROZADA, who are second in the provisional order, face one of the toughest challenges of the FIA ERC. The Czech event could prove decisive in this season’s Junior U28 title chase and both PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY crews are targeting big points hauls.
Action in the PEUGEOT 208R2-based 208 RALLY CUP resumes this weekend with France’s Rallye Terre de Lozère.
• The menu of the 2017 208 Rally Cup’s fifth clash features 147 competitive kilometres. The event’s twisty and technical dirt stages promise to provide the backdrop for an interesting scrap between Frenchmen Laurent PELLIERand Quentin RIBAUD and Spaniard Efren LLARENA who top the provisional order. Just a handful of points blankets this trio, however..
Laurent GUYOT (Manager, Customer Competition Department, PEUGEOT SPORT)
“This is going to be a busy week for Laurent PELLIER and his co-driver Benoît NEYRET-GIGOT who are taking part in the Junior Experience session that is being organised within the framework of the European Rally Championship. This is the first year that PEUGEOT SPORT has taken this programme onboard for the leader of the 208 Rally Cup’s Junior class and the operation is being run in association with EUROSPORT. The session will immerse Laurent and Benoît in a topflight environment and includes 360-degree training from professional coaches that will give them a fresh view of their sport. They will also be accompanied by the PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY’s Junior drivers. They will then attempt to apply what they have learnt when they return to France on Friday morning for this weekend’s Rallye Terre de Lozère. Although they currently top the 208 Rally Cup standings, it is still very close and anything can happen. Meanwhile, the FIA ERC’s Barum Czech Rally Zlín could prove decisive for our two U28 Peugeot 208T16 drivers whose aim is to reach the finish in the points.”
JUNIOR EXPERIENCE / PROGRAMME BARUM CZECH RALLY ZLÌN
For further information : www.fiaerc.com/
BARUM CZECH RALLY ZLÍN (CZECH REPUBLIC): PROGRAMME
Two legs – 15 stages totalling 204.25km Leg 1: 8 stages (109.13km)Leg 2: 7 stages (95.12km)
PROVISIONAL FIA ERC – U28 STANDINGS (AFTER 3 ROUNDS OF 6)
1. Marijan GRIEBEL (GER) - 99 pts
2. Pepe LÓPEZ (ESP) - 58 pts
3. Sylvain MICHEL (FRA) - 56 pts
4. Josh MOFFETT (IRL) - 47 pts
5. Nicolay GRYAZIN (LVA) - 43 pts
6. José Antonio SUÁREZ (ESP) - 42 pts
RALLY TERRE DE LOZERE – FRANCE / PROGRAMME
Two legs – 11 stages totalling 147.30km Leg 1: 6 stages (71.40km)Leg 2: 5 stages (75.90km)
Entry list : www.peugeot-sport.com